Dental Cleanings and Exams in Berkeley, CA
Are you due for a dental cleaning?
Professional cleanings performed by a licensed dentist or hygienist are just as important to your dental health as daily brushing and flossing. Using specialized tools and training, your hygienist at Dailley Dental Care will remove:
- Plaque build-up from the surfaces of teeth. Bacteria in the mouth form plaque, which collects on teeth and causes decay, gum disease and gingivitis
- Tartar from teeth surfaces. Tartar, or calculus, is plaque that has become hardened on the teeth; its removal requires scaling
- Surface stains from teeth through polishing
Some patients will require a deep cleaning due to gum disease and past periodontal treatments. Anthony Dailley, DDS will review your past dental history and identify any issues you may need treatment for.
Dental cleanings are recommended twice a year. If it has been longer than six months since your last visit, schedule an appointment for a routine cleaning and exam as soon as possible.
Regular examinations at our Berkeley CA dental office, performed by Anthony Dailley, DDS, help detect and prevent health issues before they become serious. Consistent dental check-ups help catch problems when they are small and easier to treat. Left unattended, small treatable problems become worse and may require more extensive, expensive procedures to repair. Dental examinations generally include the following:
- Gum disease screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Visual tooth decay evaluation
- Gum pocket measurement and tracking
- X-ray examination to detect: tooth decay, cysts, tumors, problems below the gums and other hidden issues
Regular examinations by Anthony Dailley, DDS are very important for your health. Remember, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” –Benjamin Franklin
Dental X-rays (Radiographs)
Dental x-rays are a primary tool for early identification of dental problems. Dr. Dailley can detect issues with x-rays before they become problems, saving you money in the long run by preventing the need for more expensive procedures or surgeries. X-rays are primarily used to detect internal tooth decay, cysts (fluid filled sacs at the base of your teeth), tumors, impacted teeth, and teeth that are still erupting.
Unless there are some dental issues you or Dr. Dailley have concerns about, you won’t need dental x-rays every time you go in for a cleaning and exam. However, there is no magic number, and the frequency in which they’re recommended will depend on your oral health and how long it has been since you’ve been a dentist.
The Benefits of Regular Dental Cleanings and Exams
There’s no denying that your teeth and gums always feel amazing when you leave the dentist’s office after a routine cleaning. But there are numerous other reasons to visit us twice a year. Some of the benefits of routine dental cleanings and exams are:
- Diagnose oral health issues
- Learn about maintaining your oral health
- Consult with your dentist regarding cosmetic dentistry
- Clean your teeth thoroughly and professionally
- Save you money in the long run
Schedule Your Cleaning & Exam Appointment
Do you have questions about dental cleanings, exams, or x-rays? Dr. Dailley is accepting new patients, and we’d love to meet you. Give us a call at (510)-848-0114 today to make your appointment.