Our Safety Protocols Regarding COVID-19
Our community has been through a lot since COVID-19 entered our lives, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. At Dailley Dental Care, we want to let our new and existing patients understand what steps we’ve taken to ensure their continued safety when visiting our practice.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to our patients’ safety. Governor Newsom has removed the restrictions on dental practices in California, and dentists can now start seeing patients again for elective and emergency procedures.
During the period in which we were all sheltering at home, we’ve spent our time learning and implementing all of the new safety protocols released by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The California Dept. of Public Health (CDPH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) so that we can safely treat our patients and protect our staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority at our practice and if you’re already a patient of ours, you’ve probably seen this during your previous visits. Our infection control process is designed so that you can receive safe, comfortable care in our office. The changes listed below are just a few of the ways that our team is working to ensure good health and safety for every patient:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointments, and we’ll be taking your temperature upon arrival.
- For your safety, and to do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19, we’ll request that you wear a safety mask when you arrive for your appointment, and we’ll also provide you with gloves to wear while you’re in our office. You’ll also find hand sanitizer for your use in various places throughout our office.
- Our reception room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and items of that nature since they’re difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We’ll do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any given time. If the number of patients in the reception room reaches a certain level, we may ask some people to wait in the hallway until seats become available.
- In addition to the changes mentioned above, we’ve implemented several new protocols on how we provide clinical care to our patients and sanitize the clinical areas of our office. We’ve also installed air purifying and filtering systems in our office that will remove particles as small as viruses from the air.
Our goal is to continue providing people in our community with the dental care they need in a safe environment. If you have questions about any of the new safety steps we’ve taken, please feel free to call our office and either Dr. Dailley or one of our staff members will be happy to talk with you.